Activities in May? That’s right!
Although Tator Days festivities are during the week of Sunday, July 9th – Sunday, July 16th, there are a few things we’re doing in May to prepare. Maybe you or someone you know would be interested in participating in this year’s Pageant, the Kids Button Contest, or one of the many volunteer opportunities to pull it all together. Check them out!
- Next Meetings – open for anyone to join!
- Miss Eagle Lake Pageant – We’re accepting applications through May 31, 2023. Contestants must reside in Eagle Lake and be an incoming Junior or Senior for the fall school year 2023. Applications are on the City Website and at local businesses around Eagle Lake. The Pageant candidates begin meeting in June and participating in their Community impact project. Coronation is scheduled for the week of Tator Days. 2023 Miss Eagle Lake Application
- Button Contest – It’s time! Elementary aged students are encouraged to participate in this year’s Tator Days Button Contest! The forms are being sent home with Eagle Lake Elementary students the week of May 1. Forms are also available at local businesses around Eagle Lake. 2023 Tator Days Button Contest
- Volunteer Opportunities – If you’re looking for an opportunity to get more involved with Tator Days, there are so many rewarding opportunities out there. We have several volunteer opportunities for the week of Tator Days (7/9 – 7/16) including pageant assistance, race route guides and cheer teams, kids activity helpers, and more! Reach out to Perry Madden or JaDee Pals to discuss your interests if you’re not sure where to begin. See contact information below.
Coordinator Opportunities – If you’re looking to make an even greater impact on the Eagle Lake Tator Days events, please consider joining as a Coordinator this year. We have a couple people stepping out and need new coordinators to step in. In addition to the support from the City of Eagle Lake and the many events that the Eagle Lake American Legion, Eagle Lake Fire Department, and the Eagle’s Next put on, we’re in need of everyday community people to step in to fill the other roles so the rest of the activities can continue and grow. Great side-by-side training is available, so reach out today to discuss!(Parade Coordinator, Kids Activities, and Fundraising Coordinators are roles seeking new incumbents.) See contact information below.
- Leadership Opportunities – Our two leaders are needing a couple others to step in and lead Tator Days. One is relocating and one is looking to retire from the leadership role after 9 years. Both look forward to mentoring the new leaders as they provide leadership to the coordinators, help make decisions, compile the schedule, and be the essential glue between the coordinators and the Eagle Lake American Legion, the Eagle Lake Fire Department, and the City of Eagle Lake to have a safe and successful Tator Days celebration.
2023 Tator Days Button Contest
2023 Miss Eagle Lake Application